8 SMALL BUSINESS TYPES THAT BENEFIT FROM GPS TRACKING
Reasons Small Businesses Win Using GPS Fleet Tracking
Many small businesses are benefitting from a GPS fleet tracking solution, even when they only have a few vehicles. The return on their investment more than accounts for the cost of the system, and there is a superior customer experience which gives them an edge over the competition.
How can GPS vehicle tracking improve your business?
The simple answer is that a GPS vehicle-tracking system improves small fleets efficiency and reduces operating costs overall. So, why not investing in a vehicle tracking system that can reduce managerial work, insurance cost and prevent excessive consumption of fuel in order to make the operation cost-effective?
Here are the top 5 advantages of GPS Fleet Tracking for a small business among many:
- Advance Productivity
- Increase Accountability
- Expand Driver Safety
- Reduce Fuel Cost
- Minimize Payroll Costs
How efficient is GPS fleet tracking for small business owners?
Business owners with a small fleet also have the same concerns and responsibilities as the more prominent fleets. According to the data and research, small fleet managers have a more significant number of KRA’s (Key Result Areas), leading to stress and sleepless nights. Having GPS fleet tracker management will lower their labor-intensive manual work and enhance their productivity. The fleet tracker dashboard will update your manager with the utmost crucial metrics. One of the best ways of using the tracker is to set up a custom dashboard with the specific reports the managers want. They can review your small fleet and its activities in real time!
The tracking system also allows for accessing reports such as fuel tracking, speeding, actual time location, engine monitoring, idling and more. These advanced functions will cut costs and grow the business considerably enhancing business value.
What are the real benefits of GPS fleet tracking?
- Decrease Fuel Costs – Fuel costs are one of the largest expense lines for transportation companies, second only to payroll. With GPS tracking, small fleet owners can have a clear grasp of when and how their vehicles are being operated. Speeding and other poor driving activities such as harsh acceleration and idling can decrease fuel efficiency increasing costs. Ensure reduction of fuel spend by drivers taking the best routes to jobs.
- Enhanced Safety – Guarantee well-maintained vehicles and focus on monitoring driver behavior to make sure that safe driving practices are being followed. GPS tracking offer digital maintenance programs that enable you to create schedules with automatic alerting based on odometer readings or scheduled maintenance.
- Lower Operational Costs – Having access to real-time data; allow organizations can make more informed business decisions, reducing operational costs. Having instant access to data helps businesses identify problems quickly and ensures that resolutions can be put in place to mitigate costs that would have been incurred if the problem existed for a longer period. GPS trackers provision the digitization of processes, which simplify the collection of data. Practices such as pre-trip inspections, job dispatch and proof of delivery boost your team success.
- Increased Productivity – With a GPS fleet tracking solution, small businesses can monitor how the drivers spend time at job sites, hence increasing productivity while saving money and time. For example, the nearest vehicle can be dispatched and routed to a task. With proof-of-delivery and custom form that includes digital signature capture, both small and large fleets can streamline payroll, billing, inventory, and other back-office duties.
- Theft Recovery – Vehicles and equipment are some of the most valuable assets your small business owns. Therefore, theft recovery is one of the top benefits of GPS tracking. When you have a GPS tracking device installed in all your vehicles and other assets, your company can easily monitor their location and quickly identify unusual or unauthorized use. Get instant alerts when a vehicle or piece of equipment is operating outside its designated geolocation or hours of operation. In the unfortunate case where a vehicle is stolen, location tracking can aid authorities in recovering the asset, reducing a high-priced replacement and insurance costs.
Businesses That Profit The Most From A GPS Tracking Solution
During these challenging times when companies are experiencing difficulties due to the COVID-19 crisis, service business owners and fleet managers need the tools to manage their fleets and deliver without the risk of likely exposure to themselves or others. Fortunately, by using new technology offerings such as the GPS vehicle-tracking device, both managers and drivers can do their work remotely by using a smartphone, tablet, or desk computer.
For small businesses such as delivery services, landscaping, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC having vehicles equipped with a GPS tracking device is a must. The software allows a representative to plan the routes and be able to monitor the drivers and respond to customer inquiries quickly and efficiently. This in turn saves time, saves fuel costs and improves customer service.
There are many others businesses that can also increase the bottom line with an investment in GPS tracking system technology. Following are other small business categories that can benefit and have an advantage over the competition when using a fleet GPS system:
- Taxis– Quickly dispatching the closest driver can make all the difference, specially when time is of the essence. Dispatchers and drivers are able to tell which vehicle is closest for the next pick-up location. Green routes can also reduce mileage and fuel consumption.
- Restaurants– Gives customers more accurate delivery times with real-time GPS route planning.
- Security Officer Providers- Managers are able to verify security officer patrols in order to confirm contract compliance and invoice precision for clients.
- HVAC Technicians– Gives customers a narrow appointment window based on real data. Emergency calls can be quickly transmitted to the closest driver, which in turn improves customer service and reduce gas costs.
- Phone, Cable, and Utility Providers– If your business depends on visiting multiple customer locations in one day, smart route planning and real-time mapping can help you improve efficiency.
- Product distribution – Implement a system with integrated temperature monitoring for perishable items.
- Construction – Track heavy equipment and trailers so you know where all of your assets are, all the time.
- Landscaping – The more clients you can serve in a day, the more revenue you can generate. Dispatch your landscaping teams effectively in order to cover the most ground in a defined period of time.
GPS tracking software is one of the most widely used technology solutions for organizations that utilize mobile work forces such as first responders. Basically any company that has at least one vehicle can effectively use GPS fleet tracking for small business. There might also be the value of reduced insurance rates.
“Utilizing a fleet management solution allows small businesses to streamline operations and gives them visibility and insights into their business in a way they didn’t have before. It allows them to do more with less through increased efficiency and limits exposure with increased driver safety. In the competitive markets small businesses operate, GPS Trackit can give them a leg up on their competition and improve their brand with a higher level of customer service,” said Jeff Alsop, Director of Strategic Accounts at GPS Trackit.
GPS Trackit has vehicle-tracking solutions for all types and sizes of businesses. We work closely with companies to help determine exactly what they need, and find the best system for their budget. Tell us what you do as well as how you would use GPS tracking. We will in turn let you now how we can help increase productivity and reduce costs for your fleet.
If you’d like to learn more about how GPS Trackit can help to improve safety, increase productivity and reduce costs for your business, speak with one of our knowledgeable Fleet Advisors at 866-320-5810 or get a quick Custom Quote.
Read the Latest Service Fleet Tracking News
Five Ways Mobile Field Service Management Software Can Benefit Your Business Life on the road…
How to Leverage Fleet Analytics With more than 150 vehicles in his fleet, Bill Rogers…
If you’re a fleet manager interested in cutting-edge efficiency and protection for your vehicles, a…