Success in a service industry depends on a number of factors, including quick response times, accurate billing, and superior customer service. While it is essential to have well-trained employees, it is also important for them to have the right tools. GPS fleet tracking gives your employees the information they need to respond quickly to service calls, get to appointments on time, and provide the best possible service.
Fleet tracking also gives owners and managers valuable data that will help you run your business better. You’ll have all the information you need to reduce fuel expenses, optimize labor costs, and keep your fleet running smoothly.
Seven Benefits of Fleet Tracking for Your Service Business
- Customer service – One of the most important aspects of service industries is keeping customers satisfied. This can be particularly challenging because there are so many unpredictable factors to consider. GPS tracking helps you eliminate some of the unpredictability with real-time tracking that allows you to generate more accurate appointment or delivery times.
- More profit – In the service industries, one of the biggest limiting factors is time. There are only so many hours in a day and you have a limited number of vehicles and personnel. Get the most from these assets with time-saving features that allow you to find the closest vehicle or landmark, dispatch more quickly, find the fastest route, and send turn-by-turn directions directly to drivers. The more service calls you can complete in a day, the more profit you can make.
- Better billing – Don’t rely on drivers to tell you when they arrived and left a site. Use GPS tracking to give you exact times so you can generate more accurate billing reports. You can also speed up the billing cycle by ensuring accuracy and getting the information in real time.
- Faster dispatching – Two-way driver communication and real-time mapping mean that your dispatchers have everything they need at their fingertips. This means happier customers and more job satisfaction for employees.
- Lower overhead – Running a fleet costs money, and GPS tracking won’t change that. However, it can save you a lot of money on fuel, maintenance costs, billing errors, vehicle misuse, and lower insurance rates.
- Increase productivity – Built-in features such as idling reports and triggered alerts let you know when employees are wasting time or are not where they should be. When your staff knows that they are accountable for their actions, efficiency will improve and you’ll get more for your money.
- Field service management – Integrate field service management tools and third-party apps to collect payment onsite, fill in customer information forms, access customer contact data, and much more.
GPSTrackIt provides fleet tracking solutions for the service industry and businesses of all types and sizes. If your company has vehicles, it can benefit from GPS. Request a quote today and we’ll help you find the GPS fleet tracking solution that makes the most sense for you.
Do you own a business that provides services? How would fleet tracking help you better serve your customers?