The field services industry depends on efficient skilled employees, reliable vehicles, effective fleet managers, and software tools to help you juggle all of these factors. GPS vehicle tracking can help you optimize every aspect of your field services business, and help you save money at the same time.
GPS Vehicle Tracking for the Field Services Industry
Any system like GPS vehicle tracking requires an initial investment and some ongoing costs, but the value you will get from implementing it will far exceed those expenses. A GPS tracking system enables you to:
- Serve more customers – Features like route optimization and the ability to dispatch the closest vehicle will allow you to use your fleet more efficiently, which means your employees will have more time to reach more customers. Think about how adding even just one or two additional customers each week would increase your annual profits.
- Cut wasted labor – Employees are expensive and you want to be sure you are getting the most for your labor dollar. Route comparison allows you to confirm that each employee followed their assigned route for the day. It also shows you how much time they spent at each stop and whether they took any personal detours on the way. Reducing overtime costs and maximizing the time spent on the job will help you optimize your labor budget.
- Speed up the billing cycle – GPS vehicle tracking allows you to create billing reports based on actual time spent at a customer location, which means you don’t have to wait for timesheets to be submitted before sending an invoice. You can also use tools like the Driver Tablet Site to collect payment onsite, which will help you improve cash flow and reduce administrative time spent on collections.
- Reduce communication costs – The Driver Tablet site includes two-way communication capability between drivers and dispatchers, which means you don’t have to pay for company cell phones or reimburse employees for business use of their personal devices.
- Streamline systems – Using the built-in forms feature of the Driver Tablet Site allows you to gather data in a central location without the need for double entry. Any information that is entered into the form in the field is collected in real-time using cloud-based technology. You can also use any third-party apps for tablets to streamline other systems such as payment collection, contract execution, and document management.
Every efficiency you can create and every minute you can save will add up to a meaningful amount. Even just adding a GPS vehicle tracking system will help you save on insurance premiums from the day you install it.
If you want to see how much you can save with GPS vehicle tracking, Speak with a Fleet Advisor today to evaluate your needs and estimate the return on your investment so you can make a smart financial decision about how to improve your field services company.