A GPS vehicle tracking system comes with many benefits including faster dispatching, fuel savings, and a quicker billing cycle. However, the benefit that will give you the most peace of mind is increased safety.
Using a Vehicle Tracking System to Keep Your Fleet Safe
Your vehicles and employees are valuable assets to your company. Why wouldn’t you do everything you could to keep them safe? Consider these six ways a vehicle tracking system helps keep your fleet safe:
- Theft prevention – A GPS tracking system can be used to locate stolen vehicles so you can recover them quickly. Some systems can also be integrated with starter disable and tow alerts so you can stop thieves in their tracks.
- Misuse prevention – Sometimes being in the wrong place at the wrong time can have disastrous results. If your employees keep company vehicles overnight but are not supposed to drive them for personal use, you can set up geofences based on their schedules and locations. If a vehicle leaves an employee’s house outside of their scheduled hours, you will know about it immediately.
- PTO events – Improve driver safety with alerts for not wearing seat belts, hard accelerating, and hard braking. Your vehicle tracking system can provide much more than just real-time mapping; you can also get key information about the activity of the vehicle itself.
- Reduce speeding – Create alerts to let you know when drivers go over a certain speed. They’ll keep their speed in check and you will benefit from safer driving.
- Improve maintenance – A major component of protecting your fleet is ensuring that it is properly maintained. Failing to replace worn tires, tune engines, and other essential maintenance tasks will not only cost you more money in the long run, it can also be unsafe for your drivers and vehicles.
- Better driver communication – Dispatchers can re-route drivers if there is foul weather, heavy traffic, accidents, or other unexpected events. Knowing where your drivers are at all times will help you and them avoid unnecessarily unsafe situations.
The best part is, most of these handy features are passive. After the initial setup, you don’t have to do anything except monitor activity and respond to alerts. Protecting your fleet has never been easier.
GPSTrackIt vehicle tracking systems come with all the features you need to protect your fleet. We’ll help you decide which system is right for your business and train you and your staff how to optimize the software. View our free online demos today to see for yourself how it works.
How would you use a vehicle tracking system to keep your fleet safe?