GPS tracking systems have many useful features that can help you save money and improve operations. One of the most commonly used features is the ability to monitor driver locations, but not every fleet manager uses this feature for the same reasons. Some business owners might be interested in cutting costs, while others are more focused on improving the customer’s experience.
No matter how you use GPS tracking systems to monitor driver locations, chances are you could be getting even more from this useful feature.
Five Reasons to Monitor Drivers with GPS Tracking Systems
A fleet manager can only be in one place at a time, but a GPS tracking system allows you to know where all of your drivers are, any time you need to know. Consider these five reasons for tracking driver locations:
- Accountability – Whether you are verifying time sheets or ensuring that a driver is exactly where they are supposed to be, GPS tracking systems eliminate the guesswork and ensure that your drivers are honest about their activities.
- Safety – Should your driver have left a particular site by a certain time? Dispatchers can check in when a driver has been at a specific location for too long to ensure that both the vehicle and the employee are safe. You can also implement valuable safety features such as seat belt alerts to ensure that drivers are operating as safely as possible.
- Asset protection – Do you not want your vehicles in a particular neighborhood? Set up a geofence to alert you when a driver has gone over a specified boundary. Monitoring PTO events in addition to driver locations will give you even more insight into how your assets are being used (or abused).
- Customer service – The faster you can respond to a customer service call, the more likely you are to get repeat business. Use your GPS tracking system to dispatch the closest driver, or start the day with a smart route that gets each driver from point A to point B in the most efficient way and make sure your driver sticks to it.
- Cost management – Reduce overtime hours by ensuring that your drivers are not wasting time. Implement a fuel card program and monitor driver purchasing habits to ensure that you get the best possible prices. Eliminate abuse of company assets. The ways that you can save money with GPS tracking systems are limitless.
These are just five good reasons to use just one feature of GPS tracking systems. There are many more benefits to implementing a GPS system for your fleet, including two-way driver communications, easy-to-read analytic reports, and the ability to effectively manage your fleet from a smart phone or tablet.
If you’re interested in learning more about how fleet GPS can save you money and improve your business, get in touch with GPSTrackIt to schedule a consultation. We work with all types of industries and businesses of any size to provide the most cost-effective GPS tracking systems.
What is the most important reason for you to monitor driver locations?