A vehicle tracking system is a powerful tool with many valuable features, but not all fleet managers use this resource to its fullest potential. Once you have made the decision to purchase a fleet tracking system, getting a return on your investment is easy, but only if you take advantage of all it has to offer.
So many features may seem overwhelming at first, but many of them are actually very easy to implement and the return is well worth the initial effort.
How to Get the Most from Your Vehicle Tracking System
If you have a vehicle tracking system, make sure you take advantage of these valuable built-in benefits:
- Insurance benefits – Did you know that insurance companies give premium discounts to businesses that have implemented a GPS tracking solution? This is because fleets that use GPS software have fewer accidents. Let your insurance company know that you use a fleet tracking solution to see how much you can save.
- Robust reporting – Many fleet managers use just a handful of the available to them. If you find yourself doing this, take some time to explore the other reports your GPS tracking software has to offer. You may be surprised to find out just how much detailed information is available from GPS track logs.
- Route optimization – A quick route optimization at the beginning of the day can save a lot of time and money. Route optimization allows you to enter all the scheduled stops for the day, click a button, and get the most efficient route. This simple activity will help you save on fuel, , and improve customer service.
- Maintenance alerts – Taking the time to schedule will help you streamline your fleet operations. You can schedule alerts based on mileage, engine hours, or specific dates. Again, just one simple activity can save you time and money in the long run.
- Mobile solutions – If you are one of the millions of people that own a smart phone or tablet, you can get even more from your vehicle tracking software. Drivers can use tablets to communicate with dispatchers, optimize routes on the fly, and streamline operations with third-party apps. Fleet managers can keep an eye on other vehicles, receive alerts, and view fleet data from virtually anywhere.
If you have not yet implemented a vehicle tracking system, request a quote from GPSTrackIt today. We’ll work with you to determine the solution that best matches the needs of your industry and your business. Request a quote today to get started.
Which vehicle tracking system features do you find most useful?