Fleet tracking software is commonly used to let business owners and managers know where various vehicles are located at a given time, but it can do so much more than that. Robust GPS reporting tools allow you to get more detailed information about your fleet so you can make informed management decisions.
When you run a small business, every dollar counts. Understanding how your drivers behave allows you to make changes that can truly impact the bottom line. Think about how using fleet tracking software to generate these nine reports could help you run your business better:
- Driver analytics – Were your drivers where they were supposed to be? Use a timesheet report to show all of their activities from the first time the vehicle was turned on until the last time it was turned off. This not only gives you a better sense of the big picture, but it also increases driver accountability.
- Mileage – Use mileage reports to track vehicle maintenance schedules, gas mileage, or other metrics.
- Idling – Just because your vehicles are not moving doesn’t mean they aren’t costing you money. Use idling reports to select the most efficient routes or to compare actual events with those reported by your employees.
- Driver speed – A color-coded report quickly shows you the speed ranges for each vehicle. If speeds are too low it may be an indicator that the route is too congested. Reducing the incidence of driver speeding can also help you decrease the chances of an accident and reduce your liability.
- State miles – If you operate in multiple states and are required to submit reports to various DOT branches, a state miles report can save you a lot of time and ensure more accurate reporting.
- Geofences – If you have set up boundaries or limited service areas, a geofence report can quickly tell you whether drivers have gone outside the geographical limits that you have created.
- Disconnects – Find out whether a vehicle’s GPS unit has been disconnected for any reason. Some units also allow you to track battery power so you can keep your fleet tracking software operating constantly.
- Landmarks – For a quick view of when drivers arrive or leave a destination, run a landmark report to see when they arrived and how long they were there.
- Latitude and Longitude – For even more detailed reporting, get the exact location of each driver at a given point in time.
GPSTrackIt fleet tracking software provides more than 25 fleet management reports that you can filter by driver, date, time, groups, and more. View the demo today to learn more about how fleet tracking software and detailed reporting can help you streamline your business.
What fleet management report would be most useful for your business?