“From what I’m seeing with this GPS system is that it is a total vehicle management program and it’s pretty easy to use.”
Businesses in the services industry have learned they need to be innovative when it comes to finding ways to save time and money.
Many are discovering that GPS tracking can be used as a reliable, real-time business management system.
Looking for a replacement solution for their GPS tracking devices, ARS Services, LLC contacted GPSTrackit about their products and services.
In addition to providing photographic silver recovery services and products, some of the additional on-site services ARS provides nationwide include:
- Project Management
- Retail Site Surveys/Inspections/Preparation
- Roll Out and Installation
- On-Site Repairs
- Digital Signage
- Kiosk and ATM Equipment
With business growing and expanding rapidly, ARS needed to find a way to more efficiently manage their large fleet of vehicles.
Having service technicians working in states from the East to West Coast, it was important to find a solution that would offer a complete fleet management solution.
The key for ARS was to establish a reliable, real-time fleet management solution that was very easy to use and would allow them to:
- Improve operations and communications
- Increase driver accountability
- Help manage instances of speeding
- Increase productivity and profitability
GPSTrackit was able to provide ARS with the perfect solution to meet their fleet management needs.
Understanding that the company was already using GPS technology among their fleet, the L2000 GPS tracking device was the perfect system for ARS. The reason being:
- It easily integrates with existing Garmin units used by service technicians.
- The Notes feature allows 2-way text messaging to streamline dispatching and prevent distracted driving or distracting technicians on the job-site.
- Alerts provide dispatch on the status of service technicians while they’re on the job-site.
- When a technician finishes a job alerts show where the technician is, what their next job is, where it is, and how long it will take them to get there.
- Reports and alerts will also show ARS how fast service technicians are driving, and whether or not the vehicle is being used after-hours.
The data ARS has been able to retrieve by using the GPS vehicle tracking and monitoring solution has helped the company to meet its fleet management goals, while saving the company time and money.
ARS has improved operations and communication using:
- Reports to determine vehicle status, vehicle location, and vehicle history.
- Notes to send messages to drivers instead of calling them to prevent instances of distracted driving or adding unnecessary time to a service call.
- Vehicle location reports to dispatch the closest driver to a service request.
With GPS Trackit I don’t even contact the technicians. I just go into GPSTrackit, find out where they are, and map out where the other job is. Then we can call them and turn them around and re-dispatch them because they’re only 5 miles away from the next customer.”
– Mark Krug, Director of Field Operations.
Using the L2000 GPS device from GPSTrackit, ARS has improved productivity and profitability using a system that allows real-time access to their technician’s location with the click of a button.
- GPS use provided a 10-15% increase in number of jobs completed daily.
- Traveling time has been reduced using ‘greener’ routing.
- Less expenses spent on repairs to engine wear and tear.
ARS says its driver accountability has improved using reports and alerts that monitor speeding and engine idling, which accounts for up to 80% of the fuel that is wasted by drivers on a daily basis.
“Speed alerts help me because I can look at a location and determine it is a residential area that is 35 miles an hour and they’re doing 45. I’m able to call them and let them know they have to watch their speed because its an issue,” states Mr. Krug.
- It has helped prevent unnecessary increases to insurance premiums due to tickets.
- Using motion sensor technology ARS knows if a vehicle is being used after-hours.
- Speed and After-Hours reports are proactive checks and balances for technicians.
“When I get those after-hour alerts, I check that I sent the person out on that job, so the alert should match the driver with that job. If I see a person that’s out and they’re not on a job then I can ask what’s going there,” states Mr. Krug.
ARS Services needed a complete fleet management system that was easy to use to track, monitor, and protect its vehicles nationwide.
Using the L2000 from GPS Trackit, ARS has found a reliable asset monitoring and vehicle tracking and location solution that will grow with their business.
To learn how a GPS tracking device can benefit your services business, click the link below to learn more.