Why Every Construction Company Needs Asset Monitoring
Construction companies have several elements to juggle in order to keep projects on time and within the budget. A major component of this is managing heavy equipment and vehicles. You need to keep all of your equipment in working order and make sure it is available at the sites that need it to keep every project running smoothly. This can be challenging when you have simultaneous operations in multiple locations. Fortunately, GPS tracking systems can help construction companies easily and efficiently monitor assets.
Why Asset Monitoring is Important
There are several reasons construction companies should care about what is happening with their equipment, both during and after the work day:
- Protect your investments – Construction equipment is not cheap. When you make an investment in vehicles and heavy machinery, you expect them to have a long life. Theft or damage can throw a wrench in both your immediate operations and your long-term budget.
- Reduce your liability – Unauthorized vehicle use can result in property damage, vehicle damage, and worse. Knowing where your assets are at all times can help you prevent accidents that can negatively impact your company.
- Protect your reputation – Asset monitoring allows you to know where all of your equipment is at any given time, so you can re-assign it as necessary. Help keep your construction projects on track by ensuring that you have all the equipment you need, when you need it.
How to Use Your GPS System for Asset Monitoring
A GPS tracking system has built-in features that allow you to monitor assets and protect your investments:
- Geofences – Set up a perimeter around any object or location and get notified when a vehicle leaves the job site or enters an unauthorized area.
- Ignition alerts – If one of your vehicles is started in the middle of the night or on a weekend, you will know about it immediately so you can notify authorities and initiate theft recovery procedures.
- Locate assets – Real-time mapping is useful for both theft prevention and for optimizing operations. Always know where your equipment is so you can efficiently assign it to job sites.
When it comes to protecting the assets of a construction company, a little investment goes a long way. Prevent just one theft or the misuse of company equipment and your GPS tracking system will have paid for itself. Plus, you get all the other great benefits of GPS vehicle tracking such as timesheet verification, instant alerts, and more.
If you are interested in learning more about asset monitoring and the many other benefits of GPS tracking for the construction industry, get in touch with GPS Trackit today. We’ll help you evaluate the return on your investment and ensure that you have access to all the useful features you need. Speak to a Fleet Advisor today to get started.
Have you ever had construction equipment stolen or damaged?