GPS fleet tracking is a very reliable way to monitor driver behavior, improve dispatching, and streamline your operations. However, like any modern technology, sometimes things don’t always go as planned. What if you mistakenly change a setting and are not sure how to return to the original configuration? What if you need to troubleshoot an unexpected technical problem with the system?
While you can expect your GPS fleet tracking system to operate flawlessly the majority of the time, operator error and technical issues may arise from time to time. When this happens, you want to be confident that you can get your vehicle tracking system back up and running as soon as possible. You want to know that your GPS tracking system provider is there to help you every step of the way. When selecting a provider, make sure you evaluate and compare the technical support offerings of each company you review.
Six Tech Support Essentials for GPS Fleet Tracking
State-of-the art equipment and software are essential for effective GPS fleet tracking, but these are not the only two factors to consider. Look for a provider that offers all of the following technical support features:
- Initial setup and training – Make sure your provider does the initial setup for you so you’re sure that the system is properly installed and operating correctly. GPS fleet tracking systems are easy to use, but you and your staff will likely need at least a little training when you get started. Don’t rely on a manual; get trained by an expert who can answer all of your questions.
- Customized system optimization – Not every business uses vehicle tracking in the same way. Perhaps you want to use landmarks or geofences with alerts to passively monitor vehicle locations. Maybe there are certain reports that you find more meaningful than others. A good provider will work with you to customize your GPS tracking system so you can get the most from it.
- Unlimited support – If you have to pay for tech support every time you need it, you’re less likely to get help for smaller issues. However, unlimited support means that you can get help any time you need it without worrying about extra costs.
- 24-hour support – Unfortunately, you can’t control when technical problems arise. Look for a provider that you can reach any time, at least by email, so you don’t have to wait to get your business back to running as usual.
- Expert assistance – Make sure that the people providing tech support are located in the U.S. and regularly trained on new software features.
- Commitment to customer service – Look for a provider that has your company’s best interest in mind. Their goal should be to provide you with the smoothest possible user experience so you can save time and money. Tech support providers should be committed not only to solving your immediate problem, but also to helping you get the most from your GPS fleet tracking system.
GPSTrackIt has a strong track record of providing excellent customer service and technical support. In fact, many of our customers appreciate it so much that we receive testimonials all the time. If you’d like to learn more about the products and services we offer (and the included unlimited tech support), request a quote today to get started.