Every business operates with a budget, and the service industry is no exception. In fact, because service companies rely so much on efficient operations, GPS vehicle tracking can make a major difference in the bottom line.
Use GPS Vehicle Tracking to Save on Fuel Costs
Fuel is an unavoidable expense for service companies, but that doesn’t mean you can’t shave off some extra dollars and apply them to other areas of your business.
- Reduce engine idling – An idling engine gets zero miles to the gallon. Prevent excess idling by monitoring reports or setting up alerts.
- Integrate fuel cards – Using fuel cards can help you get more favorable rates from participating providers. Your vehicle tracking system can help ensure that drivers use these cards and go to the closest station when they need to fuel up.
- Use route optimization – Using your GPS vehicle tracking system to identify the most efficient routes is a cost-effective way to save time and reduce fuel usage.
Cut Wasted Labor with GPS Vehicle Tracking
For most service businesses, payroll is one of the largest line items in the budget. The more you can get from your workforce, the better your profits will be. Use the following features to help maximize your labor budget:
- Smart routes – Serve more customers in a day and get the most from your labor hours with smart routing. Choosing the most efficient routes means your employees can spend more time with customers and less time on the road.
- Time sheet verification – Verify time sheets to ensure that your workers report their time accurately and reduce money spent on wasted labor.
- Idling reports – Identify drivers that spend too much time idling so you can reduce or eliminate this undesirable behavior.
GPS Vehicle Tracking Extends Fleet Life
Vehicles are valuable assets that should allow you to get a good return on your investment. The more life you can get from vehicles, the less you will have to spend in the long run. Use these GPS vehicle tracking features to help you get the most for your money:
- Maintenance alerts – Keeping your vehicles in top shape will help them last longer. Create alerts based on mileage, engine hours, or drive time.
- Aggressive driving indicators – Hard braking and hard acceleration are not only unsafe behaviors, they are also very hard on vehicles. Prevent this behavior with alerts and reports that let you know which employees could be driving more carefully.
Every business wants to save money, and GPS tracking can help you do it in the service industry. GPSTrackIt provides solutions for service businesses of all sizes. Contact us today for a consultation.
Where does your service business spend too much money?