GPS tracking systems now have robust features that allow you to use real-time maps, dispatch through two-way driver communication tools, monitor your fleet from a smart phone or tablet, and create alerts for almost any type of driver activity. The good news for business owners is that more features are being added all the time.
Six Useful New Features of Fleet Tracking Systems
If you already have a fleet tracking system in place, start taking advantage of the following six new features. If you’re not already using GPS for your fleet, maybe it’s time to get started.
- Monitor hard braking and rapid acceleration – When a driver regularly brakes or accelerates too quickly, it’s a sign of aggressive driving. It’s bad for your vehicles and bad for your company’s reputation. Prevent this bad driver behavior by monitoring it through reports or by receiving alerts when it happens.
- Monitor seat belt usage – Driver safety should be a high priority for every business with a fleet. Ensure that your drivers are safe by monitoring usage and enforcing your seat belt policy.
- Add fuel card integration – Fuel cards can save you a lot of money, especially if you get discounts with certain providers. Integrating fuel cards with fleet tracking systems allows you to confirm that drivers are purchasing only from preferred providers, and prevents them using the cards for personal vehicles.
- Locate mobile devices – Using your GPS system with smart phones and tablets is a great way to save time and money. Now you can confirm that a device (and the driver) are with the vehicle. This handy feature is also useful for locating lost devices.
- Optimize routes from the field – Many companies use fleet tracking systems to create the most efficient route at the beginning of the day. This is a very effective way to reduce mileage and improve productivity, but what if plans change throughout the day? Now drivers can optimize routes from the field if they get off track or need to make an unscheduled stop.
- Reimburse mileage more accurately – If you reimburse employees for mileage when they use personal vehicles for business, you can run a mileage reimbursement report to verify that all reported miles were for work performed on behalf of the company.
When it comes to money-saving features, GPSTrackIt is always on the forefront of fleet tracking systems. The technology is constantly evolving, and so are we. If you want to take advantage of the latest and greatest fleet tracking systems, contact us today to request pricing.
Which features of fleet tracking systems would be the most useful for your business?