Fleet GPS is a powerful tool, but when you combine it with field service management you can more effectively handle all the important components of your business: your fleet, your employees, and your customers. Combining these two systems allows you to have all the information you need to make fleet decisions and to effectively communicate those decisions in the field.
Benefits of Fleet GPS Systems
Even the smallest fleets require a certain level of management, and the more information you have, the better you can decisions that will positively impact your business. Some of the benefits of investing in fleet GPS include:
- Asset protection – Real-time vehicle information and reports mean that you always know where your vehicles are and what they are doing.
- Driver accountability – Cross-reference time sheets with real data, track speeding, or find out whether a driver has gone outside a geofence.
- Improve maintenance – Can’t remember when the next tire rotation should be scheduled? Set up an alert to let you know.
- Streamline operations – Use automatic time sheets and real-time data to speed up the billing cycle.
Benefits of Field Service Management Tools
While fleet GPS allows you to better track your vehicles, field service management tools make communicating with your driversmuch easier. Some of the benefits of using field service management tools include:
- Easy driver dispatching – Two-way communication systems let you quickly correspond with drivers in the field.
- Better customer service – Dispatchers can assign or change routes based on driver activity and location. Drivers can post updates of their status in the field so dispatchers stay informed at all times.
- Improve time tracking – Allow drivers to easily clock in and out on the road, then export the time sheet data for faster payroll processing.
Benefits of Combining Fleet GPS and Field Service Management Tools
Combining all of these benefits into one powerful system can help save your small business a lot of time and money. Your customers also get the benefit of better service, shorter wait times, and more accurate billing details. With both of these tools in one powerful system you can:
- Assign specific routes in real time and load them on a map
- Use two-way messaging to quickly communicate with drivers
- Plan stops in advance
- Track driver time
- Customize forms and checklists
- Assign maintenance tasks to drivers
GPSTrackIt’s Driver Tablet Site is exactly the tool you need to get the most from your fleet. Because it works on any tablet hardware, you don’t have to buy specialized equipment or use multiple devices. Use the Driver Site and any other app you need to make your business run more smoothly, all on one portable device. Ready to get started?
How would fleet GPS and field service management tools change the way you do business?