Outsides sales is a key department for many companies. Sales teams are necessary for maintaining valuable clients and attracting new customers, but they also come with unavoidable expenses such as mileage reimbursement, wasted labor, and heavy turnaround within the industry. Fortunately, fleet tracking can help address all of these issues.
Fleet Tracking Benefits for Outside Sales Teams
GPS tracking systems aren’t just useful for delivery trucks or service providers; they also provide several benefits forhttp://gpstrackit.com/14-benefits-of-gps-fleet-tracking-for-transportation-industries/ companies with outside sales teams:
- Identify best practices – See what your top earners are doing so you can learn from their success.
- Make your team more accountable – Salespeople need a certain amount of freedom to do their jobs, but when they become too free it can impact your bottom line.
- Reimburse actual mileage – Relying on a salesperson to keep an accurate mileage log can result in mistakes and possibly misreporting. Fleet tracking ensures that you pay only for the miles driven while on the job.
- Protect territories – Sales teams can get very competitive. While a little friendly competition can sometimes be beneficial, infringing on territories is unacceptable.
- Prevent aggressive driving – If your sales team drives company cars or has any branding marks on their own vehicles, you want to be sure they are driving safely and courteously at all times.
Fleet Tracking Features for Outsides Sales Teams
GPS fleet tracking provides many benefits that you might not have expected. It’s just a matter of utilizing the many features that these systems have to offer:
- Robust reporting – You have the ability to analyze every little detail, including how long a salesperson stayed at a client site, what route they used to get there, and whether they took any detours on the way to their next destination.
- Mileage reports – Get actual mileage data so you can reimburse accurately every time.
- Geofences – Set up geofences around territories and get notified when an unauthorized vehicle enters or leaves them.
- Hard braking and hard acceleration alerts – Find out when your employees exhibit aggressive driving behavior so you can nip it in the bud.
GPSTrackIt is here to help you reduce mileage expenses, optimize your workforce, and get the most from your outside sales team. Our knowledgeable representatives can help you select the right system for your business and show you how to use the robust features to your greatest advantage. We also offer ongoing support for all those questions that are sure to arise. Get in touch today to learn more.
What aspect of managing an outside sales team do you find most challenging?