Vehicle tracking systems with route optimization are great for fleet managers and dispatchers because they help improve efficiency and save money. However, these are not the only people that benefit from this powerful feature. Drivers also love the advantages that vehicle tracking systems with route optimization provide.
Route optimization is used to generate the most efficient way for drivers to go to the all the stops required in a day. Dispatchers simply enter all the necessary stops, click the route optimization button, and send it to the GPS unit in the driver’s vehicle.
5 Driver Benefits of Vehicle Tracking Systems with Smart Routes
The advantages of route optimization to business owners and fleet managers are obvious: more efficient routes mean less fuel consumption, and therefore, fewer expenses. Although this may not be a direct benefit for drivers, there are several reasons they will love the addition of smart routes to your GPS tracking system:
- Ease of use – Getting a pre-loaded route at the beginning of the day makes it easy for drivers to complete all of their scheduled stops in a timely manner.
- Re-routing – When plans change or a if a driver needs to make an unscheduled stop, they can simply get a new smart route from the field. This saves time because they don’t have to communicate with dispatchers and wait for a response.
- Efficiency – If the driver’s day ends when they have completed all the scheduled stops, they want to achieve this as quickly as possible. Vehicle tracking systems with smart routing let them know the fastest path to getting the job done.
- Performance – Fleet managers pay attention to driver efficiency, fuel consumption, and other factors that they use to evaluate a driver’s performance. Smart routing helps drivers do their jobs better, which reflects well on them when it is time for performance reviews.
- More profit – Although this is not a direct benefit to drivers, they do benefit indirectly with higher pay, more benefits, and all the other businesses improvements that owners can make when they have more profits to work with.
GPSTrackIt now offers route optimization along with all the other robust features that help fleet managers save money and boost profits. Managers can now also compare the scheduled route to the actual vehicle trail to see if drivers adhered to the plan. Vehicle trail comparison allows them to quickly see if a driver made an unscheduled stop or went out of the way for a personal diversion. If you would like to learn more about all the features that GPSTrackIt has to offer, view the video demos today.
What driver benefits do you think your team would appreciate most?