There are plenty of options out there on the market when it comes to fleet tracking software, and regardless of whether you’ve purchased a program in the past or you’re venturing into new territory as a first-time buyer, it’s important that you do your due diligence before making a final purchase to get the most benefit from your software.
You need to accurately compare different solutions and match them up with the needs of your company; but where do you start? Following are 5 great questions to get the answers to in order to help you avoid choosing a program based on the wrong criteria:
- Is the GPS fleet tracking company you’re considering one who is trusted with a proven track record? Just as quickly as new companies are popping up, others are closing their doors, leaving customers stranded with unsupported programs. Be sure that you check how long a vendor has been in business and what its reputation is. Investigate case studies and feedback for how the provider’s solutions have worked for fleets similar to yours. Does the provider show signs of growth?
- Can the program you are considering integrate with other systems? It’s crucial that your current systems and programs are able to connect to share common data, sparing you and your crew from double data entry, along with promoting relevant information sharing, and minimizing errors.
- Is the software easily scalable? Every fleet is going to change with time, whether it be growing on their own or merging with other fleets. If you have 50 vehicles in your fleet and purchase a non-scalable program, that may be fine for now – but down the road when you’ve grown to 300 vehicles, will you still be able to rely on the same program or will you have to start all over with a new, unfamiliar (and possibly expensive) program? You need to make sure the GPS tracking software has been designed for high-transaction environments to handle your growing fleet.
- Does the software vendor rely on another company for its functionality? Some GPS vehicle tracking systems are built around a specific maps API; should that API provider change its direction or switch focus from commercial applications, there could be trouble for you. Be sure to find out where each potential provider sources their mapping and what the technology they use is based on.
- Are you going to get a good ROI? Is this going to enable you to get value from using the program? Your return on investment is the whole key to making a successful business decision. You’ll need a system that will eventually pay for itself, so be sure to ask vendors for case studies that can help you determine the ROI for your fleet.
By getting the answers to these questions, you’ll more easily and successfully weed out the programs that aren’t going to be in your best interest to purchase, install and implement. GPS fleet tracking programs can really flip a business, for better or worse, so be sure you get the very best one for your fleet’s needs.
To find out more about how GPSTrackIt.com/’s Vehicle and Equipment Tracking Solutions for Business can Save You Money, Time and Increase Profits simply complete a pricing request form, or call 866-320-5810, to contact a Solutions Specialist today.